Ancestry DNA Kit
Would you like to go into the details of your ethnic roots or want to discover where your family is from? Well, now it is completely possible to know more about your ancestors or family. You can use the Ancestry DNA test kit for this purpose. Ancestry DNA is a well-known service that analyzes your DNA, and the data they receive is integrated with your family tree. The service provides you with a DNA testing kit that you will have to return with your saliva sample. Using this kit is super easy. To get the kit for yourself, you will need to visit Ancestry’s official website via ancestry.com/dna. Through the following link, you will be able to activate the Ancestry DNA test kit with much ease.
For the activation of the kit, you will need to sign up for a user account. Simply, go through the ancestry dna kit activation page. An activation code is also required that you can get through the link mentioned here: ancestrydna.com/activate.
Activation Procedure for Ancestry DNA Test Kit
Ancestry DNA test kit is an easy-to-use tool that one can use after activation. To activate the kit via ancestry.com/activate, you must follow some simple instructions. Make sure that you follow all the mentioned instructions carefully:
- ❖ You will have to initiate the procedure by opening a web browser on your device.
- ❖ After that, go to the Ancestry DNA kit activation page through ancestry.com/dna.
- ❖ On the next screen, you will be asked to sign in to your user account. And if you don’t have an account, you can create one from the ancestrydna sign in page.
- ❖ After creating and signing in to your account, click the “Next” button.
- ❖ And after reaching the next screen, you will be asked to enter your 15-digit activation code. You will find the code on the tube and the instructions packet.
- ❖ Now, if you would like to activate and use the kit for yourself, then you will need to click on your name. To activate the kit for a child, then click on the “My Child” option. And to activate it for someone else, click on “Someone Else.” And then navigate to the “Next” button.
- ❖ If you are activating the kit for yourself, then after reaching the next screen, you will have to enter your name and date of birth.
- ❖ And now, go through the DNA Processing consent section and click on the “Review and Consent” option.
- ❖ To store your sample to Ancestry, go to the “I Give Consent” option.
- ❖ Now, go through the informed consent and after reading, select the option of “I have read the Informed Consent.”
- ❖ Next, click on the option of “Yes” if you want to see your DNA matches and click “No” if you don’t want that.
- ❖ If you would like to make your name visible to your DNA matches, you will need to click your name. Similarly, to make your username visible to your DNA matches, click on your username. And now, click the “Next” option.
- ❖ Now, you will reach the “Ethnicity Estimate Display” section. Here, you can choose if you want your DNA matches to see all the regions and communities in your estimate.
- ❖ And then, on the “Kit Notifications” screen, click on the option of “Yes” if you want to receive updates about the status of your kit. If you choose to click on the “Yes” option, then you will need to provide your contact number and then click the “Next” option.
- ❖ After this, you will be asked if you want to receive the weekly emails about new information and relatives based on your DNA results. If you agree, then select the “Next” option.
- ❖ Finally, go to the “Review” section and make sure that all the information you have entered is correct. And after checking all the details, click the “Submit and Activate” option. And that’s it.